Friday, August 28, 2015

4th of July

Here is the continuation of our CRAZY Strawberry story(last post).  

Next day was the 4th of July.  Jared's work schedule is strange. When he works he is "on-call".  He is scheduled to work and if he gets called, he has 2 hours to get to the airport. He was on-call for the 4th and they hadn't called him yet, so we were all able to go the Provo parade. Thanks to Grandma Diane AGAIN for camping out and saving us our awesome spot!

My boys

and my lady


 Mia, R, and Sydney watching the parade



This is the part we tried to get our car from Strawberry(read previous post)

 When I got back from Strawberry, it was already getting late, so I just drove back to Diane's. I had no camera, no glow sticks (which I had bought a bunch), and no husband, but I did have the car. I was trying to decide if we should go to Fox Field with the Demings to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks like usual, or stay for Diane's neighborhood cul-de-sac of fire. This was new to us, so we had a hard time deciding. We finally ended up staying with family and trying out the neighborhood event! It was actually an awesome choice! 

Our HUGE group. We kind-of took over one section of the cul-de-sac!

This year was a circus theme. They had popcorn for everyone,

and a lady making balloon animals for the kids.
Here is R with her parrot on her shoulder,

and of course P got a sword which he later turned into a gun!

They had a HUGE cakewalk to kick off the night. 
The winners got cotton candy.  The kids also got a lot of candy. 
You can see P with his sword-turned gun. 
He was shooting people as he walked around!

After the neighbors put on a little circus. It was kind of lame, but the kids LOVED it! Then they started the fireworks. The fireworks were right above us. It was AMAZING! It was a great show! I am so glad we decided to stay with the family! 

Afterwords, we walked back to Diane's to light a few little fireworks of our own. 
It was such a crazy day, but I am so glad that the kids had a GREAT day! I am also grateful that Jared was able to spend part of it with us! 

Thanks again Donna and Emma for the pictures from after the parade!

No comments: