Sunday, August 9, 2015

R turns 8

 R's day started off pretty low key. She requested breakfast in bed the night before. So I decided to keep it simple and make her toaster strudels.  I wrote happy birthday in her icing! She thought it was pretty clever!  Then we locked her in a room(for good reason) while I put her birthday present together. 

We handed her a birthday card with a clue on the back.

Each clue sent her to a new location.
At each location there were balloons tied together with 2 dollar bills in each.
She thinks 2 dollar bills are so cool!!!
 Next clue...
 and more...
 even outside...
 and finally she found the end where the last balloons and some treats were placed! 
R didn't really know what she wanted for her birthday so she wanted money. I think she is saving up for another American Girl Doll.  I didn't just want to hand her money, so making the treasure hunt was so fun! She was SOOOO excited with the treasure hunt and all the money!!!! 
That was the first part of her birthday.

She was actually lucky enough to be baptized ON her birthday.

Typically in our area the kids which are turning eight that month will be baptized on the same day which is always the first Saturday of each month. The first Saturday of July(after she turns 8) is July 4th. Because of the holiday our stake changed it to the weekend before, June 27th. Since she wasn't 8 yet she couldn't be baptized. With Jared's CRAZY work schedule he works almost every Saturday. So knowing that he most likely wouldn't be able to do it with the stake anyway, we got permission to go ahead and have the baptism ON her birthday! What a cool birthday!

R and her amazing dad!

 Our little family.
P didn't want any pictures taken, the turd!
 We couldn't be more proud as parents for her decision!!!
 waiting for Dad!
This is after she was baptized.
Juliet, R's best friend came to support her!
Along with a huge group of family and friends!

We filled up the Relief Society room in our building!
I think we had over 46 people there!
We are so lucky to have so many family members
 that live close enough to support R and her decision!

After the baptism we headed back home for dinner.
I wasn't planning on feeding everyone, but because the baptism wasn't until 5:30pm I knew that I should have something! So we ended up with a taco bar. It worked out great and was super tasty!


Then because it was her birthday we made birthday cakes
(yes 2 because of how many people came), and sang to her!

It ended up being a long day, but a beautiful one!
We decided to wait until after the holidays to celebrate her birthday with her friends!
R is growing up WAY to fast! I can't express how much I love her! She may be a mini-me, but she is already so different from me in all the good ways. She is such a smart and sassy young lady!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS R!!!!!!

No comments: