My brother Mitch and his wife Ev and my parents decided to rent a
boat on July 3rd to go fishing, and invited us to join them.
I realized that I hadn't been on a boat since being married,
and my kids had never been on a boat(not including ferries).
They were SOOO excited!
boat on July 3rd to go fishing, and invited us to join them.
I realized that I hadn't been on a boat since being married,
and my kids had never been on a boat(not including ferries).
They were SOOO excited!
Our little family and my BIG belly!
Mitch, Ev, and my parents who were actually fishing, liked trolling(going at a very slow speed while dragging the bait behind them). It made it easy for us to sit on the edge of the boat to stick our feet in!
Then we stopped and Jared and R jumped right in.
It was pretty cold, but they loved it!
It took P some time, but he eventually made it in and loved it too!
The kids also LOVED driving the boat.
Because we were going at such a slow speed
they had full control and felt important!
See, I was there!
My kids even got in on some of the fishing.
"helping" Grandma pull a fish in
R was even able to reel in a fish
I love this guy!
There were some down time, but that didn't last long!
Jared and the kids FINALLY talked me into getting into the cold water.
It was cold, but you eventually got use to it!
While the boat was off, Jared and the kids thought it was SO cool to swim under the boat!
P finally had enough and fell asleep!
We had lunch and dinner on the boat. There was also some dancing, and good times. We had only planned on being on the reservoir for 2-3 hours, but we ended up staying the whole time. It was such a great day! Up until it was time to leave, and we couldn't find our car keys. My mom ended up driving Ev, the kids, and I to the mouth of Provo Canyon where Missy was waiting to take us home. Then my mom drove back up to get the guys. It was a MESS!!!! To top it off we couldn't find the spare key. I got the kids home and to bed, and when Jared got home he pulled the house apart looking for the key. He eventually found it in a very random place(divine intervention).
The crazy story doesn't stop there. The next day after the 4th of July Provo parade we drove up Provo Canyon. By the time we made it to Heber(about half way) Jared's phone rang and was called into work. So we had to turn around and met my parents at the mouth of Provo Canyon. I jumped into their car while Jared went home to get ready and leave for work while I drove to Strawberry to get the car.
Then to finish the story. I was able to get the car home, but Jared had to park in the pay lot at the airport because his employee parking pass was in the car. He was going to be there for 5 days, and we didn't want to pay that long! So I ended up driving the car to Salt Lake Airport and met Jared. I picked him up and we went to the employee lot to park the car. Then we took the shuttle in and switched to the pay lot shuttle to go get the Jeep.
It ended up being SUCH a hassle. We still have no idea where the car keys ended up. We did make a spare of the spare, and know where it is being stored! Thanks again for the amazing afternoon! We LOVED it!
No comments:
Post a Comment