Monday, October 5, 2015

P Starts School

 I can't believe that my little side-kick is old enough to start preschool/pre-k! 
This little man has been attached to me since I became pregnant. 
 It got a little annoying sometimes, but so fun at the same time. 
He was SO excited to start school like R! 
He was a little confused at why his school was at someone's house,
 but he became ok with the idea after a quick tour before school started! 

He was ready to go a few hours before school started. 
He is such a ham! I love that face!

 We pulled up and he became really worried. He even said "I'm shy, remember?" . 
Where was that coming from?  Yes, he does act shy, but we have never told him that before! 
We SLOWLY made it into the classroom and I helped him find a seat to start playing with play-dough. I introduced him to his neighbor, and snuck out! 
 My baby girl and I went home where she took FULL advantage of having mommy all to herself!
 We went back at the end of school to a smiley, happy school boy!
 I couldn't have been more relieved! 
I was so worried, but he LOVED it!!!!
 We even went and bought him a doughnut for his first after-school treat!
I would LOVE to report that the happy little boy attitude stayed, but it didn't!!! For the next FULL month (3 days a week) I could NOT get him to go happy. I would drag him out of the car, into school, and into the teacher's arms where she would hold him as I escaped his death grip! I would leave with him crying(yes, he was THAT kid). But then when I would pick him up he would be happy, and had a  GREAT time! Then back to square one the next day! UGGG!!!! His teacher is amazing. She would take a picture of him playing with other kids 10 minutes after the whole ordeal and text it to me. It made me feel better as a parent, to see him doing ok!

R was NEVER like this. She was the type of kid who would skip off and wave to me as she ran into kindergarten! This was a whole new ballgame for me! 

We ended up making a "Happy Chart". Yes, I am bribing my kid to go to school happy! Every day he goes happy, he puts a sticker on his chart. When he gets 3 stickers in a row he gets a $1. Its been helping a TON! That was until we had fall break, then we missed school to go to Arizona(posts to come). The first 2 days back were like the first week of school. So this kid MUST have a set schedule with school. I don't want him crying in kindergarten! 

Anyway, I am so happy that he likes school (once he gets there)!
He already learning so much! I LOVE my little pre-k boy!

No comments: