Tuesday, October 13, 2015

P's Soccer

 This was P's first year playing soccer.  
It was a great experience because one of his best friend Rori was on his team. 
To make it even better was that our good friend Darwin(Rori's dad) was the coach. 
Rori's little sister Savannah had a rough time not being able to play.
This would happen at least once per game! Yes, she is on the field! :)
 I was pretty worried about him playing. All the kids got together for one practice before their games started.  P did NOT want to practice. He was throwing such a fit and making me SO angry.  Instead of leaving like he wanted we sat  I sat holding him on my lap the entire practice. It was a joke. He wouldn't even go practice if I went out on the field with him. 

So to say I was a little worried come first game would be an understatement!  I may have used bribery at its best, if he got a goal I would buy him a lego! The kid killed it out on the field! Not only did he play, he actually scored a few goals and enjoyed it!!!  I couldn't believe it! Complete 360'!!!!

This age is the most fun to watch. There are no positions and its usually 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4.  Everyone chases the ball around the field. It's quite amusing!


Positions aren't taught(even goalie), but P quickly figured out that if he stood in front of the goal the other team would have a harder time scoring(also know as a goalie)! As soon as someone on the other team would get the ball he would run as fast as he could to their goal. I tried to tell him to not worry about it, but the kid was totally into it!

 Even though he is little, I can see soccer in his future. 

His ball control got so much better in such a short amount of time.
He'd come off all sweaty, but if Darwin needed another player he was always ready to jump right back into the game!!!
Go T-Rexs

At this age the city provides a little medal to all the players.
Its probably the kid's favorite part (besides getting a treat and drink after each game)!

P's team from left to right:
Braxton, Maxton, P, Mindy, ***, Cody, Rori, and Mylie
 Getting his medal from Coach Darwin

 My little MVP
 and his favorite teammate! 
His soccer picture!

I love that this little man played soccer! 
Its always so fun watching him play!

No comments: