With missing soccer last year, I was excited to sign R up this year. She was really excited to play again, especially because one of her best friends from school was on her team! She had a GREAT first game especially for being the younger one in this age group. Second game came and I was super excited watching her play until the pivotal moment of getting a ball kicked SUPER hard right into her face. It was so hard that it knocked her backwards onto her back. She came off the field crying. I felt SOOO bad for her! Everyone actually felt bad for her because it was such a hard kick. The girl wanted to quit, but decided that isn't what she should do. My little fighter went to all the practices and all the games and played her best. She was FAR more hesitant to go after a ball if someone on the other team was chasing it as well, but she played!
R was definitely not the MVP on her team, but as she played longer she because a much smarter player. She wouldn't chase the ball everywhere it went. She figured how to place herself so that she could be passed to, and then pass it on! It was fun to see the change in her.
She had a great coach who tried to help her become a better player!
This was her team with one of her best friends on the bottom right named McKinley!
I love that she plays soccer.
I hope that she wants to do it again next year, even after the ball to the face!
No comments:
Post a Comment