Friday, September 16, 2016

Mt. Timpanogos

A group from my gym decided to hike Timp. Jared was out of town, but thanks to my wonderful family I was able to workout babysitters so that I could go! I was worried about my knees, and brought things to try to help with this long hike!

This is Karen. 
We ended up buddying up together for the whole hike!
 The colors were AMAZING!!!!!

 I even found some frost on a log!

 There is usually mt goats on this side of the mountain. 
We found them. A girl tried to get close, but it ran off!

Me, Jen, and Heather
 The clouds were SO cool! 
We made it! 
To the saddle at least(almost to the top, but still can see over). My knees by this point were sore, and I knew I still needed to go down which is the most painful. So Karen and I stopped here while the other went to the very top!
 The view down towards Pleasant Grove, and Utah Lake
 We chatted with this old man who was 70(I think) and hikes to the very top 3 times a week!
He is CRAZY!!!! 
 Me playing in the clouds! They were pretty cool!


 Coming down we found the rest of the herd!

 This is a front view of the "Sleeping Princess". That is the nickname of Mt. Timpanogos. 
The hands are the very top of the mountain, and I made it just below that and above the knees!
It took longer than we expected, but was hard! 
Comes to find out the trail(that I thought we were going to hike) that starts up American Fork Canyon is a lot easier than the one we hiked. I told myself I didn't know if I'd do it again, but I really want to give the other trial a shot! Maybe next year! :)

No comments: