Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Father's Day

In Australia Father's Day was on September 5th. Mother's Day is the same as America, but Father's Day is different! This year Jared's family decided to pitch in and so we could make his Father's Day a good one. He had a crappy birthday, and anniversary so I was really wanting to do something special.

Call me smart until a few days before Father's Day, that R has NEVER even touched scissors. Now call me crazy, but I decided to buy her some blunt end scissors and have her help me with the Father's Day surprise. The first project we did was "heart attack" Jared. So we had to cut out a TON of hearts. R LOVED working on this project. I had to teach her how to hold the scissors.Then teach her how to hold the paper and work the scissors. Her very first heart she cut out! Sorry she looks a little homeless, but she had just woke up!
Figuring it out all by herself!!!


She actually got really good at them! Even though Father's Day is over, she still wants to cut hearts out!!!
Next part of the projects: Father's Day card. Jared isn't one who cares for cards, but I decided to make one with R anyways.
Inking up the stamp(I don't have my clear blocks that the stamps go on, so that is why she is using a bowl :)

I think it turned out really cute, especially for not having hardly ANY of my scrap booking stuff. I was in charge of the front, and R was in charge of the inside. I traced R's hand, and made a pretend one for the nugget in my tummy
Stamp work, by R!! p.s. I love that she can write her own name!!
Then while R was sleeping, I made his actual present. I put it in a box and wrapped it with paper that R colored for me. This is what the front looked like.
The inside:
Sunday morning I woke R up early and she helped me hang up all the hearts. On about 15 of the hearts I asked R why she loved her dad and she would tell me reasons and I would write it down. She also had colored on the hearts earlier too!! You can see the blue one that says "I Love Dad because he is MY dad!"

The whole front room is COVERED in hearts! Then we had bought some chocolate hearts too.
We put some of the leftover hearts, the chocolate hearts, the present, and the Father's Day card together on the floor.
We didn't get any picture of Jared's reaction, because he didn't want pics in his P.J.s. He really enjoyed his surprise. He thought he would come out and see a banner, because he said he could just hear tape being riped for the 30 minutes!!! He is VERY excited about his present. The jet boats go, stop, and turn really fast on the harbour. I can't go because I am pregnant, so Jared is going to go with his Uncle Jim. He gets to go on Tuesday. I'm sure I will take more pictures!!! :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

what great ideas. i am still very impressed with all of R's many skillz. shoot yo. what a perfect gift for jared. i bet he will have a blast!

Darwin + Kiara said...

It seriously turned out so adorable, Trace! I love how creative you are. I really wish I had a creative gene passed to me!! Can't wait to hear about J's trip on the jet boat!