This is the 2nd Christmas post. I split Christmas and Christmas Eve into 2 posts, I love pictures what can I say!!!
6:30 am I'm up in bed with P. Jared is tossing and turning saying "when is she going to wake up?"! Finally he starts calling out her name then started saying "ho ho ho". Soon after R walked into our room still half asleep, but excited to see if Santa came. Another tradition are Santa Sacks. Jared had these growing up, but you would leave it at the end of your bed, and Santa would leave prezzies in it. I liked and disliked this idea. I'm a little selfish and would like to see the reactions on my kids faces. So we compromised and have Santa Sacks, but they are left out in the front room. We found these REALLY cute Santa sacks. Most people just use a pillow case, but these actually
cinch together like Santa's sack!!
This is R getting into hers

P and his. It looks like he got a lot, but its a big box of diapers and new bottles!!
LOL!!!!

Prezzie time-

R loved trying to help P, but getting to open all of his!!

75% of the prezzies under the tree were R's, 15% P's, and 10% me and Jared's.


P was pretty good just
chillin' while we watched. R thought that his new
Santa bear needed to be right next to him!!

The aftermath!!

Breakfast. I saw this on a blog, and loved the idea. We had Christmas Tree french toast. If you look closely there are even stars on the top of the trees. R didn't want fruit(as ornaments) on hers so she had syrup and powdered sugar(as snow).

After we ate breakfast we got ready and headed down to
Woollongong for lunch with family! We got there and had more prezzies to open. We were really blessed this year!

Auntie Carolyn holding off opening her presents to hold Mr. P!!!

More presents!

R with her cousins ready for lunch! See the things on their
place mats, some Americans don't know what they are so here is the
explanation: They are Christmas Crackers. You pull them on either side and they pop. Inside are crowns(see photos below) and a little gift. Fun times!!

I don't know what happened to Ella, but the girls with their crowns

Auntie Carolyn and Uncle Jim

Cousins Donna and Sandy

Jared and I

After lunch we went outside to play with the bubbles that the girls got!

What a nice sunny Christmas Day!!

Then the dads took over, and had bubble time.
LOL
With such nice weather we went for a walk to a park and to the beach.

I love that Jared gets in on the action at the playground! LOVE this picture!!!

Our family, and yes P is really under that blanket!! :)

My handsome husband

Swimming on Christmas Day!!!

These last few pictures are for the
McSweeney family. But they are still funny! Auntie Carolyn got this beach dome for Christmas. Looks great, huh?

Until its time to put it back together. We had to have her try it by herself to figure out how to do it. So this is attempt one:

Attempt two

Attempt three-
LOL
Jared ended up getting it together just to get it back to her flat, where they opened it back up on the grass and practiced until she figured it out herself. What a funny time!!!
It still crazy to me that Christmas is over. Even though we did the Christmas things, it still doesn't feel like Christmas. As much as I hate the snow, I really miss it for Christmas. Christmas was GREAT, and besides the snow I couldn't ask for much more! Jared and I combined our presents together and getting a new camera. YEAH!!! I am sure I will post about it because I am so excited. My camera has been touched by R one to many times. It is going to be hers when ours comes!!! I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas. I can't wait to read about them on your blogs!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
3 comments:
fun!! nothing is better then christmas with kids. it is SO FUN. i am in love with P's little reindeer outfit. :)
Sounds like an awesome day!! Santa sacks rule! We had them left on our bed this year so Tilly came running in straight to us-needed too cause I went to bed so late, must have just missed Santa. xx
Boy we did have great weather and great company didn't we !!! Glad that you got to tick another thing from your list !!
Post a Comment