Monday, December 6, 2010

Grandma and Bobby's Visit

***NOTE- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, THERE ARE A LOT OF PICTURES!!!***



For those of you who don't know my family. My dad's name is nothing close to Bobby. My sister's kids call him Papa and R couldn't say that so she said Bob, but has some how turned into Bobby. So now he is stuck with Bobby.



Bobby and Grandma Trease flew in for 10 days of fun in the sun. Little did they know that it would rain 90% of the time they were here, and that R wouldn't let either of them rest especially Bobby. Their flight came in at 6am and we dragged them to our beach that afternoon(one of the sunny days). They were drained of any energy, but enjoyed sitting on the sand while watching the airplanes fly in!


Jumping some waves! Chilling on the beach


The next day we travelled to the Central Coast, where we lived before for R's friend's birthday party. My dad was so brave, he drove on the "wrong side" of the road!

Beautiful Norah Head, on the Central Coast. If you are a follower of my blog, this is where we would go crab hunting!!!

Beautiful!

You can't come to Australia without petting a koala and feeding a kangaroo, so we took my parents to Featherdale Wildlife Park! Check out P's little hat, got to love it!
Yes it is real!
P was hungry. Not such a good pic of P and the koala!
Love this picture, but you could look at it and think that my mom is trying to feed P to the kangaroo! LOL
Loves how brave R is, except around Emus. There were 2 in the same area of the kangaroos and they wanted the food just as much as the kangaroos. SCARED R, but thinking of the height difference that would be pretty scary!
Had to throw this cute picture in. Love this little man!
We attempted to do Circular Quay, but like I said before it rained almost the whole time they were here. They still enjoyed it. Bobby and R with the Harbour Bridge!
Grandma and R at the Opera House (which for a side note it being called the Oprah House this week because her and her audience just flew in this morning and going to have 2 taping of her show from inside!)
We took my parents to our favorite place in the Royal National Park-Wottomalla. And guess what............ the sun decided to come out for us!! We even got a little sun burn on our skin! :)
P and I decided to hang out on these rocks while the others played in the water!
This is such a cute picture of Bobby and R. She was glued to his side while my parents were here!After the National Park the sun was still out, so we went to the beach. It was really windy, but NOT raining!!!
Playing in the sand with Bobby!
My beach babe! She is doing SO much better at the beach!
While my parents were here we decided to set up our Christmas tree. R was a big help!
Jared would walk around the tree while R would wrap the lights around. What a good way of getting the lights on!
R decorating the tree. I thought she was going to fall on the tree and tip it over, but she didn't!
Enjoying decorating.....
...... not enjoying it!!!!

My dad got a kick out of the Christmas trees with palm trees or the beach behind them!!!!
Look....... we made it to Circular Quay with the sun out!!!!!
The next day Jared took my parents and R to the Blue Mts, to see the 3 Sisters. R kept calling them the "3 ladies" or "3 girls". P and I stayed home, out of the rain!
On the train that takes people down to the bottom of the mts, and back. It is a VERY steep train.
The last day Sunday we were able to bless Payton with my dad here! Our little family.
The guys: Uncle Jim, P, Jared, and my dad-Don aka Bobby
Proud Grandparents!
The little man in his blessing outfit!
He is so cute! If you look closely his outfit has a little white tie... love it!
So my parents weren't suppose to leave until Monday afternoon, but because they are flying stand-by and ALL the flights around the date of when they were to leave were full. We were stressing because they needed to get back. So we changed their date to Sunday to give them another day to try to get on. To their luck and to my disappointment, they made it on. They weren't able to sit together, but they made it back to the states!
The highlights from their trip:
*R ALWAYS saying "Bobby do you want to play with me?"
*P being attached to my mom, except for feeding time
*Having family around for 9 days-even Jared said "that went by so fast"
*Being able to show my family around the place that we live!!
*Many other things that I can't think of
We are all dealing with the withdrawals of not having them around, but are very happy that they came!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yeah for parents! I'm so glad that they got to come, it looks like you all had a great time. I know it was so hard when my mum left, I hope you're withdrawals aren't too bad!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Yay! I've been waiting for a post about their trip! I'm so glad you guys all had a good time! But I'm still jealous it wasn't us. Haha. And so fun that you guys blessed P while your parents were there. What a good idea and such a special time. We miss you guys so much...and the pics of you guys at the beach look too fun. I'm loving the colder weather right now but wouldn't mind spending a day or two at the beach either!! Yes, we do need to skype! Hopefully today. Dar has scouts tonight so I'll be home by myself. I'll watch to see if you get on. Love and miss you guys TONS!!

P.S. Only 6.5 more weeks till our due date! Yay!

Lora said...

What an awesome trip! I can just imagine how wonderful it was to have your family there!
Trace-your baby is one of the cutest I have ever seen! he is seriously just darling!! I love his little blessing outfit!
Merry Christmas!
xo

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff. I love the pic of your little man screaming with a decoration in his hand. Classic.

Darwin + Kiara said...

So I was just looking at your post again and decided it's official...I MISS YOU GUYS!!! And I would really love for Santa to bring you home to us! What am I going to do without my best friend here when I have my first baby? The thought popped in my head the other day that we haven't seen Jimmy & Becca again in a while & how that would never fly with any of us if you guys were here--for us to go that long without hanging out. But, I'll be patient and keep praying that you get to move back soon. Love you guys!

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the "years" typ-o. I fixed it :)

Christy said...

"bobby"... ha... i love it. :)

how cool that your parents came for a visit! it looks like a blast. i can't believe y'all really live in australia... the koalas, the amazing views... it's all just so unreal to me. so awesome!

ps- can you email me your address? i've got a christmas card with your name on it.