Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year

I know I am late posting this, but I have really come find it a lot harder to blog with a screaming newborn!!! Better late than never I say!!!

My beauty prepping the New Years dress ups!! Couldn't help with this photo! :)
And of course Jared had to get in on the action! Yes, those glasses do light up! Pretty funny! We went into Sydney again, but we weren't able to see the Harbour Bridge from where we were. Uncle Jim works for ABC(Australian Broadcasting Company) on the top floor(14th) and the chairman of ABC's office is next to his. The Chairman said that he could use his office for New Years if he wanted. So although the firework show wasn't as amazing as last year, it was a lot more convenient with a newborn. It has 3 flat screen TVs, bathroom, kitchen, ect!
We never got a full family New Year shot because it seemed that 1 kid was always asleep! So here we are on the 14th floor!
The Palmers: Jim, John, June, and Carolyn
Our view at night!
So Sydney does 2 firework shows. One at 9pm so that kids can come/or stay up to watch them, then the one at midnight. They also have fireworks going off all the way down the harbour so more people can enjoy them! This is from the 9pm show.
The crowd in the Chairman's office!
After the 9pm show we walked down to Darling Harbour. This is a major harbour and where they set off the fireworks we could see. There were SOOOO many people! In the harbour they had floating stages with different bands playing in between fireworks!!
US
The midnight showing: Those fireworks are just above were the last pictures were taken! They were pretty cool, but I never got a good shot!
The light up glasses in action!
These are fireworks that were set off the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
This is where R was during the 2nd showing of fireworks. Passed out in her stroller, with her glow stick still with her!
Our group: (from back left)Jared, P, Me, Jim, Dennis
(from front left) Carolyn, June, John, and Margaret

Hope everyone had a great New Years! I hope that this year will be full of adventure, fun, happiness, good health, and progress!

2 comments:

Lora said...

oh my talk about a great way to ring in the new year! I can't believe that office!! All of your 'costumes' are so fun!! that picture of your baby boy is the cutest photo ever-I think you two have DARLING children-they are both just beautiful!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Love the pics! Glad you had a good time!