Monday, April 11, 2011

The Last Chapter-For Now

My Aunt LeAnn and cousin McKenna were the last planned visitor for awhile. We aren't expecting any more as of now! We kind-of have had an avalanche of guests, which I have loved! First we had a few months in between guests, then a few weeks, then a few days, then with this last one, a few hours! We took most of them to the same things, so sorry for the repeat of pictures. These posts are more for me as a reminder. R showing cousin McKenna the shells she found. Such a cute picture of my chubby boy! SOOOOOO cute!
My kids and me "in the hood"
It rained for the first hours, then cleared up and it was beautiful!
The Opera House looks AMAZING with blue skies and sun!
Aunt LeAnn and McKenna fighting it out(thanks for the idea Mitch and Ev)
Of course the Royal National Park-Wottamolla (my fav)
On top of the cliffs. The water was beautiful!
So my cousin McKenna had this great idea of crossing the river. It usually doesn't connect with the ocean and is a lagoon, but there was so much water it was a river. This was McKenna coming back and running at full speed. I was laughing so hard.
My Aunt LeAnn took the slow approach. She got a lot more wet, but she did find a walking stick! LOL
That night we went to the temple. Beautiful all lit up!!!
Of course Featherdale
My beautiful baby girl
found a few kangaroos
Blue Mts, on the steepest train
Just for fun down in the bottom of the Blue Mts
Love this picture. McKenna wanted this cute picture with this cool fern/tree thing. As my Aunt LeAnn was taking the picture, R in the background decided to pose for the picture!!!
At the steep stairs to the 3 sisters
Yes, we all made it. Even Aunt LeAnn who is afraid of heights! She said "if R can do it, so can I!"
On the way back up! R is such a trooper. Luckily her "friend" Molly stayed at the train. BTW Molly is her invisible friend who was with us most of the trip! :)
I felt really bad. They were suppose to fly out on stand-by on Sunday. It was full, so we changed it to Saturday to hope that they get on. Saturday we tried and dropped them off, and I had to pick them back up. Sunday we tried, and had to pick them up AGAIN, third times the charm-or so we thought. I dropped them off on Monday and had to pick them up again! Who knew that Australia would have 3 weeks off for Easter break. I guess everyone wants to go see Mickey Mouse. So they ended up buying one way tickets back to LA for WAY to much! But they GOT ON today. Poor things!!!! They said that they still had fun, and enjoyed it here!


I am sad to see the last planned guests leave, but have fingers crossed for more. We are trying to save some money so we can move back to the states, but at this rate who knows when we will make it back.

4 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Also love the pic of R posing in the background. We have to be your next "guests" and will have to go to the Blue Mountains with you guys and also the National Park. In all the years that we have travelled there we have never done the steps !!

The Jorgensens said...

Please please please can we come next?!

Darwin + Kiara said...

So fun! P is seriously the cutest little chunk & I still can't believe how grown up R is! :( Where'd the baby go? Thanks for the updates!! Love you guys!

Missy and Dan said...

Im so glad we were the first of your many visitors in a row!!! Im even more happy that you convinced us to come! We will never forget it!!!! But there is only one problem with your blog, I saw you post "at this rate who knows when we will be able to move back" um you better rephrase that before I go crazy!!!!