This year we celebrated the 4
th of July on the 2
nd and the 4
th, because the 4
th was on a Monday this year. In Provo they have a big concert and big fireworks called "Stadium of Fire". We don't like to pay the money so we sit on the big field in between the
MTC(Missionary Training Center) and the Provo Temple. It has a great view of the fireworks. Stadium of Fire usually does it on a weekend, therefore we celebrated the 2
nd, and the 4
th! :D
We had a great group with us.
My brother Mike and his girlfriend Shayla

The
Hjorth crew: Jimmy and Becca, Gary and Linda, and Sam, Tiffany, Jackson, and Owen(from Brisbane) I like the look without a flash, but people don't know how to sit still. :)

The
Demings joined us on the field this year.
YAY!!!

Micah, Louisa, and baby Lila.

My munchkin and I. My mom offered to watch Mr. P, and Jared had to work. So it was a great night with my baby girl!

GLOW STICKS!!!!
Rori got in on the action

R and Damion

Fun with the camera and glow sticks!

I'm so cool!!!

Then the fireworks started!!!

I thought this picture turned out great!!!

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!!!
We got up early to go to "the
McSweeney spot" on the parade route. Diane, Sarah, and Angelica camped out all night to save us spots!! THANK YOU!!!!!
My cute patriotic kids!

There are
SOOOOOO many people that show up to this parade. Hence they have to camp out over night to save a good spot.

The Deming Darlings

P having fun with dad

R having fun with Grandpa Paul

The
McSweeney cousins



Some of the crew!

P giving his cousin Kayla cuddles.

McSweeney girls 4
th of July wear

So R had just had her birthday, and got a sucker that she wanted to bring to the parade. BIG mistake on my part. That dang sucker ruined SO MANY cute picture ops.

Isn't she cute?!

The back of her hair

Then we headed to Rebecca's for a BBQ, but I didn't get any pictures.
Then later that night we headed to
Santaquin for "The Circle of Fire"! Yes, its a play off of Stadium of Fire. But a bunch of the
McSweeney's neighbors bring treats and fireworks and set them off together!

The actual "Circle of Fire". They used gasoline and made a circle.

Just a cool shot of the fire

R "watching" the aerial fireworks(which are now legal), doing her own firework, and covering her ears for the noise!
LOL!

R, Mia, and Hallie with sparklers!

Just a cool shot

The next few pictures are of the stages of P throughout the circle of fire.
1- a little shocked by the noise of the fireworks

2- Liking the pretty colors

3- Getting a little sleepy

4- Using dad as a pillow, but still interested

5-Passed out while they were still setting off fireworks.

R started to fall asleep too, so we packed up and headed home before the end of the fireworks.
I am not such a fan of having these type of holidays spread out. I love having the day super packed full of events. All and all I LOVE these holidays. There are so many reasons to spend time with family! I enjoy just being together and talking. Once we get games started, it turns into madness! I LOVE IT!!!
2 comments:
Fun! I love the 4th of July! :P
I like it spread out because then if I have to work one night (which I did) I dont have to miss out on everything!!!!! And its not over in one day!
Post a Comment