Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lagoon

For those of you who don't know (Aussie friends and family). Lagoon is an amusement park just over an hour away from our house.

My brother-in-law had some extra tickets for Lagoon, so we were able to join them. I now realize that I didn't take as many pictures as I should, but hey....I was having fun too!

First ride R wanted to do, the train.

They had fun animals along the way including emus, and kangaroos. R wasn't impressed with them here! Been there done that!

Making her daddy proud!
Remember this blurry picture from the last week we were in Australia? Jared decided to take R on the bumper cars, and she HATED it. She cried and screamed the whole time!
Well, she decided to try the little bumper cars here. I was SOOOO worried. To my surprise she LOVED these ones. They can't go as fast so they don't hit near as hard. Jared and I laughed the whole time because her goal while driving is to see how many cars she can miss. I think she went on these 3 times!
Driving a little early for her age. :)
But as far as her favorite, this won by far! It were these swings. I had to go on it the first time, and I thought it was even a little fun. Anyways, she begged and begged to go on this over and over again. I think 4 times in one day is what we counted.
She even was able to do up her own seat belt by herself.
And what carnival or amusement park trip would it be without the carousel.
Missy's kids aren't in any of the pictures because they went on all the big rides. R even went on some of the big rides(that she was tall enough for). What a trooper for going, but she didn't like any of them.

I just wish Lagoon was closer and not so expensive! I could go multiple times during the summer!

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

We too love the swinging chairs !!! and so glad that R got back on the cars. Good job R. These pics just make me more eager to get to the fun parks in QLD !! Only 6 1/2 weeks to go !! Thought I'd rub it in !! Looks like a fun day had by all. xxx