Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby Girl Turns 4

I want to start this post out with 2 comforting words:

I SURVIVED!!!!

This was the first "friend" birthday party for R. I would be lying if I didn't say that I had fun getting this party put together. It was a lot of work, but turned out great. I think we are going to start the tradition that I had growing up. When you turn an even number you get a friend birthday party. When you turn an old number you get cake and ice cream with family and go to dinner with 1 or 2 friends. I think that it works out great because all the "big" birthdays are an even number. Except 21, but they better be throwing their own party by then!!! :)

R decided that a Tangled party would be fun. I was REALLY lucky that every other little girl has recently had a Tangled party and there were MANY ideas out there!!! So none of the creative things from this party came from me!!!!

R's invitations

I was SUPER excited with how this turned out, and YES I made it!!
THE FOOD:I was also SUPER excited with how my homemade tower cake turned out! and YES I made this too!!!
Cupcakes for the kids with pictures of the characters from the movie stuck in them.
Boats (from blue jello and oranges) like the ones Rapunzel and Flynn Rider go in to watch the lanterns.
DECORATIONS:

We bought some yellow yarn to make Rapunzel's hair. We had it strung around the couch across the house onto my mom's bedpost.
Then folding it in half and tying one end off, we began to braid. My mom braided at the top while I braided with her, with the end half. (hard to explain, sorry)
We then hung it on the door, with half hanging on the outside, and the other half hanging on the inside. VERY CUTE!!!!
ACTIVITIES:

I had the kids color on some paper for the gathering activity. Worked great, so the kids had something to do while the other kids showed up.
Then my friend Kiara, and I were in charge of making the colored paper into lanterns. They weren't like the ones in the movies, but this kids thought they were! ;)
The lanterns finished
Next we headed down to games. We played "Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn Rider".
Mid-game, the kids started playing Ring-around-the-rosies all by themselves!!! LOL
The final sign.
Then we made "Pascal"s. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, it is Rapunzel's friend who is a chameleon. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this craft!
They turned out super cute! The Pascals had one of those party blowers for the tongue.
The kids LOVED them as much as me!
Presents time! This is a funny age for opening presents. The friends either told R what was in the present, or they helped her open it. We had to keep telling them to sit down! :D
R loved all her presents!

Then it was cake time. R with her Rapunzel cake.
Blowing out all 4 candles.
Even P got in on the treats. He loved the "water" from the boat cups!
The cupcakes were a big hit too!
The mess
Then it was time for the friends to leave. R gave all of her guest a "Rapunzel Paint" set. Which then said "thanks for coming to my party!" These turned out super cute!
R's party was suppose to be outside, but the weather was nasty. Later it cleared up so beautifully, so I got a picture of R and her cake.
Every year I get a picture with R and this sign, just to show her growth!

Both kids LOVED the balloons!
BUILD-A-BEAR

We thought of a great birthday gift for R. For those who don't know, build-a-bear is a place where you actually get to build a bear(hence the name, lol).

1st- R had to choose her bear's body( I can't think of any better way of explaining it)
2nd- R got to push the pedal that puts the stuffing inside her bear
3rd- R kissed a heart and got to stick it inside of her bear to make it "come to life"
4th- Giving her bear an air bath to fluff up her fur.
5th- naming her bear
R and Rose her panda. R's second parents Darwin and Kiara bought Rose an outfit for R's birthday.
6th- trying on almost EVERY girl outfit in the whole store(and I am not kidding)
Rose's birth certificate
MEET ROSE, and I am just saying Big Ted now has some major competition!!!
After coming home R said "It has been a fun day". Those 6 words made me happy. I was glad to hear that my baby girl had a GREAT 4th birthday.

**Disclaimer, I don't know what the deal with some of the font sizes is-SORRY**

4 comments:

Jennie-O said...

what a cute cute party!! I love the orange boats, the yellow yarn, and the cake!! Oh my gosh, you're creative... can I copy you for Annie's bday? Just kidding!

Lora said...

So darling! I love ALL the details! I'm so with Jennie this is a major copy party! I have seen some of those ideas before, but not all of them-the pascals are super uberly cutie!

Mike was looking at the post and now wants a panda for himself! =)

Donna Moore said...

Tracee what a fantastic job !! I will make sure that we are there for her 8th Birthday in 2015 so start planning now !!! :D I too love those pascals. What a super idea and the hair hanging over the door was the most fantastic thing I have ever seen for a party !! I also love Rose the panda. We have them here to and have always wanted to get one but could never ever choose an outfit since there are sooo many great ones to choose. So happy that R had such a great day. Happy Birthday Princess we miss you heaps !!! xxx

Christy said...

happy birthday R!!! i am seriously very impressed with all your mad skillz tracee! what a perfect party! the yarn hair is so cute and the flynn rider poster is pretty sweet. miss sophie turns four in three weeks. she's still deciding on her party theme, but rapunzel is in the running-- so if she chooses that i'll definitely have to steal some of your ideas!