We had the camping bug, and wanted to get out into nature. We called Darwin and Kiara and they were able to come with us. We decided to go, but Jared decided it would be fun for R to have her cousins with her. It was a crazy idea, but decided to try. So with our 2, Darwin and Kiara's 1, plus 4 cousins that equaled 7 kids under the age of 7. You can call us crazy.
We brought up P's port-a-crib so that he could be outside without us holding him all the time.

He thought it was pretty cool at first

We pulled my parent's pop-up trailer to the campground. It was nice camping, and the kids thought it was pretty cool!
Sydney 3, Mia 6, R 4, Hallie 4, and Damion 4

Aurora joined P in the port-a-crib
The follow pictures are what P would say if he could talk
P:Hummm, someone is in here with me

You do know that is MY toy don't you?

No you didn't!!!!!

I'll teach you to touch my toys!

Lunch

He quickly forgave Rori, and we couldn't keep him off her! We better watch out for these 2!! ;)

So many kids, so many picture ops!

They would gather together and pose!

Even the little ones posed for a picture!

On the playground! How cool to have a playground at the campground!

See, all posers!

The playground was a little hot, so they started a game of hide-and-seek!

Darwin even got in on the game playing!

Then tackle Jared time!

My poor baby!

Then I took the kids to the river. I started off just wanting them to throw rocks in!

But I quickly had to make a decision. Do I want 5 kids with wet socks and shoes, or just wet pants. They kept inching their way into the water with their shoes on, so it had to be quick!

So I went with wet pants. Luckily R had shorts on, so it was only 4 kids with wet pants.

Playing around with my camera

When we came back the 2 babies were in the trailer sleeping . It didn't last long. Try keeping 5 kids quiet, yeah right!


All the kids around the fire

Cooking s'mores

YUMMY!

Playing around with my camera again

Good morning bright eyes!

I tend to worry about my kids staying warm, so with 6 kids(Rori was in the Deming tent), I didn't sleep well! P sporting his many layers I had him in!

Waking up Jared!

Checking out the forest in the morning

Darwin and Jared made yummy pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast! It was delicious!!!!

All and all it was a success. The only thing I think was annoying about having so many little kids was the bathroom trips. I swear they have a bladder the size of a golf ball! Luckily we were right across the road from them! Smart on our part. It was a great camping trip. The kids just entertained themselves most of the time. I don't know if the Demings thought it was as fun, but we were VERY glad that they were able to come!
7 comments:
Yeah girl you are CRAZY !! Would not have been me. P and A are going to be married one day !! They look so cute together. He better get used to sharing his stuff with her !! :D Looks like you all had a great time and glad that Darwin and Kiara could join in to. We need to catch up on Skype next week.
yep, you are crazy. :) jk. i think you did camping RIGHT-- one night, the trailer, and the travel crib for the babes to chill in. it seems like you guys are having such a great summer-- yay! i really like the picture of the shoe. :)
brave, very brave! =)
Looks like you guys had a blast! P is SO cute I love looking at all his pictures!
We should get together soon-do you have plans next weekend?
By the way, Rori only had P's dragonfly because he STOLE her pink elephant! ;)
It looks like you had a great time!! I don't know how ANYONE got any sleep with so many children. Way to go!! It looks like fun...but afterwards, did it feel like you needed a vacation after your vacation?
I think you're super crazy! You must have way more energy than me because the thought would never even cross my mind :) Good for you guys though, it looked like a lot of fun!
Now I want to go camping!
Post a Comment