Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Folkfest 2011

I know I am a bit late posting this post (since it happened a month ago). But one of my favorite things in the summer is Springville's World Folkfest.

This has been a tradition all my life. My family w0uld host dancers from all over the world for a week. It was an amazing way to have us travel the world and never leave Utah. Since we have grown up and moved away(and back in for some of us), my mom has just become VERY involved with the Folkfest. It makes it so that we can have our children meet and be involved with people from all over the world.

This year was another great year. Why? 1-there were a lot of groups able to make it, and 2- AUSTRALIA was one of the groups. We had to laugh at R because every time Australia came on she ran and hit with her Uncle Mitch in the back because she HATES the didgeridoo. Yes I know that she lived in Australia for a year and a half, but the girl can't stand them! I just laughed every time!!!

This is R with the main guy from Australia, Phil.
R with a 9 year old little girl from Romania
More of the dancers from Romania. The host family of the 9 year old girl took her to build a bear. You can see her holding her creation. I thought that was cute!
R with some people from the Philippines
This was R's favorite group. Mainly because of this girls dress
P even enjoyed the show
Watching the group from Indonesia
A cool shot from my sister-in-law Sarah of Australia
R's friend's parents were the MC for this night. So they got to sit together for awhile. Watching Bulgaria
Some of the other groups that I didn't get pictures of were: Belgium, Israel, and USA

After 2 of the nights of the show they have an after party for the dancers and their host families. R was not a shy one!!!
She would run off and dance with other kids :)
Bustin' a move!
My sister and her kid even got in on the dancin'
strike a pose!
R said "come on mom, its SOOOOOOOOOOO fun". So I came up on the stage and danced with her for awhile!
I LOVE the folkfest and can't wait until we are able to host our own dancers!!!!

1 comment:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Funny that I missed this post. Looks like the Folk Fest was a big hit! Glad you guys enjoyed it again :)