Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 1 - Disneyland

We made it to Anaheim Wednesday evening. Checked into our hotel, and FORCED the kids to sleep. They were pretty excited, and didn't realize how much energy they would need!

Thursday morning we were up bright and early to hit the park as soon as it opened. 
R was ready with her lanyard and pins. More to come on that!
All the kids with their Mickey and Minnie shirts.



R heading in!
First ride, Peter Pan, has always been a crowd favorite.
 R insisted on riding with her cousins.
My mom ended up joining them, because they were too young.
R HATED it! It scared her. I don't think we prepared her for what the ride was about, and she was expecting something low key like at Lagoon(an amusement park in Utah).

Next was Dumbo. I am pleased to say that R loved it. "Our Dumbo had the hiccups".

Tea Cups. Another favorite of R's- because it was outside where it was bright!
Jared and the girls were in the orange cup. My mom and Kyler in the pink, and Missy and Kaden with me in the "no spinning allowed" cup!
There were lots of lines. It was Disneyland so we expected it, but the kids weren't!  All throughout the park there are signs saying to keep all feet on the ground.  R didn't listen very well! There was much of this,
and this.
While the bigger kids rode The Matterhorn I took R on the Alice In Wonderland ride. 
It scared her too!
After this, I made myself R's official ride buddy.
First autograph-Pluto. 
R was a little hesitant, but insisted on getting the autograph!
Goofy
First Princess, Merida. R was SOOO excited to meet her!
Priceless!!!!
Our whole group!
Its a Small World.
It is one of my least favorite rides at Disneyland, 
but unfortunately one of R's favorites!
The Monday before we arrived Disneyland opened a new section called Fantasy Faire. You stand in line like other rides, but you get to meet 3 Princess right in a row, without fighting for a picture of your kid with them!
R acted VERY shy, but was so excited to meet them.

Ariel
Cinderella, by far my favorite princess. Not the character, but how she interacted with R. The others seemed to just say hi, sign the autograph book, then pose for the picture. This Cinderella made R feel special!
Sleeping Beauty- Aurora
We weren't going to rent a stroller, but halfway through the day R had done too much. Poor girl hardly had anything to eat the last 4 days, and she was trying to be 100%. Right before she passed out in the stroller she threw-up right outside the Winnie the Pooh ride. Poor thing.  I love how she has her throw-up bag on her lap while sleeping!

Next was Jasmine. R was asleep and we woke her up to meet her. She didn't want ANYTHING to do with her. Then I figured out because the Genie was with Jasmine and it SCARED R. So when it was our turn, I said "Jasmine, she is VERY excited to meet you, but is terrified of the Genie." So the Genie quickly ran and hid behind the fence that you can see on the left!
Me and my girl!
The girls waiting for the parade! 
My pictures didn't turn out very well of the parade so I will spare you! ;)

What a magical place!

Fireworks show!

I love this picture of Jared and R!
Don't fret I have a lot more pictures!  DAY 2 COMING SOON!!!
Oh, on a side note with no picture. We made the mistake of taking R on Pirates of the Caribbean. BIG MISTAKE! The kid takes everything so literal, and it freaked her out!  I had her sitting on my lap with her head in my chest 90% of the ride.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Horray! I have been anxiously awaiting your pictures! I'm so sorry she was scared of so much! I love the kids in their matching shirts that's so fun!
(we are big pin traders at our house too-I'm excited to hear more!)

Darwin + Kiara said...

So fun. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the trip! Darwin busted up when he saw the pic of Jared and R on It's a Small World ride. Jared looks like he's having a blast! ;) Haha.