Oh how I love the beach! Even if the air and water temperatures are chilly!
The cold water didn't stop my little lady from skipping around in the water!
But she did get a little cold! I love this picture.
With her sandy toes hanging out the bottom!
Jared was one of the bravest, but never took his hoodie off!
Warming up a bit!
My beach babes!
TOTALLY fake smile, but still cute!
R and her cousin Kayla built a sand castle
My mom didn't even touch the water. She was so cold, but content on listening to the waves!
The "sandcastle" :)
The girls
Silly kids!
So the first day in California at the hotel Kayla made a bet with Jared about which direction Disneyland was. She bet $5, and lost. Standing in line for the first ride, Kayla pulls out her money and hands Jared $5. In which he turned around and handed it to Missy (incase she wanted to buy something) without Kayla's knowledge. So at the beach Kayla said "if I go jump all the way in, can I have my $5 back?". So this is her dunking herself in. CRAZY!!! It was freezing!
Then we headed down to Dana Point to Captain Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari. When my mom booked this in Utah, my dad was VERY skeptical. He thought it was a waste of money. He was VERY wrong. We all enjoyed this day, as much as Disneyland!
Some local sealions.
On the catamaran heading out to sea!
It was still a little chilly
Keeping an eye out for anything.
We came across 2 Grey Whales. Law requires boats to stay 100 meters away from them. They can come closer to the boat, but the boat can't interupt them. It was still really cool!
R was actually a really good spotter. She could find dolphins or whales faster than me!
Then came the dolphins. They were so cool! These pictures don't even come close to how cool it was! In the 3 hours we were out at sea, we saw about 500 dolphins. They would swim right next to the boat, and because the catamaran had webbing that you could stand on, you could see more dophins right under you!
Check out how many!
There were little baby dolphins that would jump out and spin before going back in the water!
They were so close you could almost touch them!
I couldn't get my dolphin video to load. I tried, and tried, and said some not so nice words, and tried again.
That is why "Day 3" has taken so long to be posted. I was really hopeful!
Then on our way back we were able to see a Humpback whale. It was SO cool! It was hard to get any good pictures because by the time you found him on your screen to take a picture, he was already going back down!
This was my mom's video. Her's loaded perfectly!
This was such a great trip. I am so happy that we were able to go, and I can't wait to go again with Mr. P!!!
Thanks for the wonderful memories Grandma Trease and Bob!!!
1 comment:
What a fun day and a nice break up from Disney! That looks so cool, we will have to try it for sure next time we got!!
Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment