Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mother's Day

About a week before Mother's Day, I was searching on-line for the best price of a photo book. I really wanted to get my photos into a book. I finally decided on one, and started looking through my pictures to choose which ones I would use. I found myself not being able to choose just one or two. There were stories behind the pictures that meant something to me. I then decided that I would use more, but then I had no room to write anything about the pictures. I was getting more frustrated the longer I worked on it.
Then I came across a blog where the lady spoke about a website that would print your blogs.  This really intrigued me. Last year Jared was going to print my blog, but the place he found only could use one picture per post and it was really expensive. So I dug a little deeper and found the website the lady used. It is called blog2print. This was such an AMAZING find. I was able to print my blog! So I decided to print from the beginning of my blog, so the last few months of 2008, all of 2009, and 2010.
The website was SUPER easy to use. You just type in your blog address, and put in the dates you want to start and stop.  After doing so it even creates a  table of contents with all the blog titles and what page it can be found. SOOOOOO cool!
The cover choices were pretty minimal, but I loved the "blog" one. Also any different font or color shows up normal with no color, but I was 100% fine with that!
The picture sizes are a little small, but you can see them just fine. My favorite part was that all my journaling about the pictures was already there! It was GREAT!!!! So 10 years from now R and P can look through this book and know what is going on in the pictures!
 You get to pick a photo for the front and back of the book too.
 My book ended up being a little thick, 235 pages to be exact with 80 posts!
 But I couldn't be happier with it! I just can't wait until I make my 2011 and 2012.
Just for anyone interested my book only cost about $100, but when you sign up you get a 15% off code!
That is VERY reasonably prices compared, and it IS "Family History" ;) 
Jared also took me and his mom out to dinner at P.F. Changs for Mother's Day. YUM!!!
I am so happy to be a mom. I love my 2 babies so much. They bring me joy that I can't describe. They teach me little things about myself I didn't realize almost daily, and it amazes me how quickly they change!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

2 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Wow I love the idea of having our blog posts printed into a book. What a fantastic family heirloom for everyone to see what you have done. You can do one every year or every few years to keep track. Will be something that I will be looking into, thanks xxx

Christy said...

awesome! i've been wanting to do these too. i'll have to check the website out. thanks for the tip!