R's last day of school was May 17th. It was a little bittersweet for me. My little girl is growing up so fast! I am really excited for her to start 1st grade. The thing she is most looking forward to is eating lunch at school. This year was riding the bus, school lunch next year, I can only imagine what she will look forward to in 2nd grade!!!
R and a few of her friends.
R, Ayleen, and Isabelle
R and her teacher Mrs. Smith.
Then we took a treat over to her bus driver, Carrie Money (yes, that is her real name) and she let the kids go inside. You can tell by the look on P's face that he was over the moon!
He LOVED it! R decided that she wanted to ride the bus home, even though we were at her school. So the driver said she would be more than happy to bring her. R ended up being the only passenger on the bus. :) If I would have known that I would have asked if Jared or I could ride with P too. Oops, opportunity missed!
I am so happy for R. She has grown and learned so much over this last year. Its crazy how quickly kids pick up on new things! R is more than ready for 1st grade. I just hope we don't have to start all over again with being overly shy at the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment