Monday, June 10, 2013

Unlucky Time of the Year

 Its official as of the middle of May until the middle of July my baby girl is going to be wrapped in bubble wrap. I feel like I should get "worst parent" award. 3 broken arms and she is only 5!!! I asked the doctor if I should be concerned and if a bone density test is needed. He said "its all part of being a kid. If they weren't all from falls, that would cause for some worry". So in non-medical terms my kid is a klutz!!

R was playing at her cousin Kayla's house and they decided to make up a dance. The first "performance" they did she spun and slipped on the hardwood floors and let out a blood curling scream.  My sister brought her up to the house saying "its not my fault". Just because it was the weekend I decided to see if I could get her into the doctor before they closed. They fit us in right at the end, and sure enough it was another buckle fracture. Its on her left radius bone right above the wrist bones. 

July 11th 2009


 May 24th 2013
 (I thought I was pretty cleaver to have her pose similar on the same bench)
 June 3rd 2012
 Cast #1

 Cast #2
 Out of all the broken bones, this cast is my favorite. Its protected, unlike her one last year, but still can move her elbow.

 Why a "white" cast?
Because of this...
 that's right, it glows in the dark! It is pretty cool, but dirty already! UGG! Oh well, her choice!

I just had to throw in this picture. This is the back of R's hair. 
It turned out pretty cute if you ask me!

 The best news with this cast is when I was making her appointment to get it taken off the doctor said to plan on 5 weeks. That put our appointment on the 2nd or 3rd of July. I thought it would make R (and me) happy if we could get it off right before her birthday, but that would only be 4 weeks later. The nurse checked and the doctor said that was fine! So YAY, no cast for her sixth birthday pictures!!!!

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Oh my goodness Trace! I can't believe she has another broken arm... at least she'll have lots of stories when she grows up. :) I'm glad to hear that she's fine and won't have it for her birthday. (Oh and her hair is so cute!)

Darwin + Kiara said...

It sounds SO weird for you to say that she's having her sixth birthday. Where did our little R go?