Saturday, June 7, 2014

Springville Family Day 5k

On May 10th,  Springville again held a family 5k. Last year we did it, but it was rainy. I pushed BOTH kids in the stroller with a rain cover on it, while walking with Kiara (who carried Savy - who was not even 2 months old) and Becca (who was 7 months pregnant).
This year was a little different. I did NOT sign up, and instead signed my mom up to RUN with R. This was R's first 5k of the season, plus I heard it wasn't a very easy route. 
 My dad, P, and I went about 1/4 way into the race(which was right by our house) to be cheerleaders. As we came around the corner ,Kaden went speedily by!
 We cheered neighbors and friends on until we saw them!
 What troopers!
 My cousin Steffanie signed up, and her 2 oldest did alright. The youngest only wanted to be carried. We tried to get him to stay with us, but he freaked out and wanted to stay with his mom!
 Then we walked home and got into the car to drive to the finish line.
Kayla on the final loop.
 Kayla and her friend Michelle ran back to run with R for the final loop!
 She did it!

 Kayla even helped Grandma to the end.
 The 5k'ers
 My mom said that she struggled a little more than the 5k she did last year.  It was her first one, plus it was up-hill most the way. Either way I couldn't be a prouder mom!

No comments: