I posted Day 2 too, so check it out!
We packed up and headed home. There were a few stops along the way that we wanted to hit. Jessica need to head back to Salt Lake, so her and Grandma Diane just headed home without stopping.
All the next pictures were taken just off the road between Moab, and Monticello.
First stop was Wilson's Arch. A fun little arch with a short hike up.
These are my attempts at getting a cute picture of me and the boy at the arch.
It just wasn't meant to be!
The kiddos.
front row: Sydney, Mia, and R
back row: Hallie, P, and Damion
They made it to the arch!
The kids and Mike, Jared, and Ethan!
Me and my family!
Next stop was the most random place I have ever seen. Its called Hole N' the Rock. It actually was a house that was built in the rock, and has now turned into a tourist stop. I guess this is actually in the new Transformers movie(I haven't seen it, but Jared did).
This chair was actually really comfy even though it was a rock!
A jeep that was made out of license plates.
The tires, and chairs were made out of metal tools welded together!
(Again in the movie)
The tires, and chairs were made out of metal tools welded together!
(Again in the movie)
They also had a strange little "zoo". I use that term VERY lightly!
The kids were able to send food down the pipes into the animal's cages!
The kids were able to send food down the pipes into the animal's cages!
They were actually able to feed the camel.
Last stop was a place I had heard about, and it sounded fun. It is a waterfall just south of Moab. It is called Faux Falls. It seriously is a GORGEOUS waterfall. The water was a stark white against the deep red rocks.
I read somewhere that its called Faux Falls, because it actually gets it water from a river on the other side of the ridge, and is piped across the mountain. It helps feed into Ken's Lake.
The water was FREEZING!!
But seriously gorgeous!
R and I hike up above the actual waterfall...
...then her cousins joined her!
The women!
Eliza, Emma, Laura, and me!
We stopped for lunch in Moab then all headed home.
It was seriously a GREAT weekend. Staying up late playing games, checking a bucket list item off, and just being with family! Thanks again Eliza for the idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment