Saturday, July 12, 2014

R's Last Day of 1st Grade

 1st grade, DONE!!!

*This is a mom's bragging moment*

I actually was super surprised at how much R learned in 1st grade.  She progressed by leaps and bounds. She started in the bottom of the reading groups, and would skip levels constantly. By the end of the year she was in one of the top reading groups!  The school expects each 1st grader to be reading level "I" books by the end of the year.  R is reading books in the levels L and M. YAY!!!!

Everyone in her class thought of her as a friend, even the boys. R got along with everyone! R's teacher told me all the time that she was her go-to student. She could put R with anyone and she would work really well with whomever! 

 She was definitely a teacher's pet, which I am 100% o.k. with!  I can't tell you how lucky I feel that R had Mrs. Clark as a teacher. I feel indebted for everything she did for my little lady. Even so, that on the last day of school I went to pick R up, and I started to cry.  R learned a lot in Kindergarten, but has turned into a little smarty pants since finishing 1st grade! I seriously hope that wherever  R goes to 2nd grade, that she gets a teacher who closely matches Mrs. Clark. 


R with Mrs. Clark on the last day!

         Funny side note: Mrs. Clark actually taught my brother Mike in 1st grade too! 

1 comment:

Louisa said...

They just upped the levels now, but level M was where students should be at the end of 2nd grade so go R! Now it's N or O so she's already so close. :)