Friday, August 15, 2014

Camping: Paying a bunch of money to pretend we're homeless

 I love the title of this post. I read it on Pinterest awhile back and has always made me laugh! I just read this one too: My wife says "camping's a tradition in my family", it was a tradition in everyone's family, til they invented the house.

No, I really do love camping except this crazy fear of bears. I don't mind the dirt, the smoke smell, the sleeping outside, but I do mind sleeping outside where bears live. Either way I still camp and just don't sleep very well!!! 

My sister invited us to join her family and their neighbors camping. 

I guess it has been a little while since we last went camping because R's choice of camping clothes were a bit odd. I even told her she need to pack different clothes. Either way she ended up camping in a dress for the first day! 

Our awesome spot!
 Sisters!
 The lighting was pretty cool. 
We were by a dirt road so it made the trees look mystical!

 R holding a mini Kayla in her hand! 
Look closely!

 Roasting marshmallows. 
I love this picture of P, with his foot propped up and everything!

 Lets face it, my kid ALWAYS has a dirty face.
Even if I wash it, 10 seconds later its dirty.
So camping just magnified his messiness! 
 Morning walk with the kids.

We were only able to spend one night, but it was great!
 I actually slept really well.
 P got a kick that we weren't in a campground so he got to pee on trees. 

1 comment:

Louisa said...

That comment about camping being a tradition is from Jim Gaffigan. So funny! Looks like you had a great time!