Monday, August 4, 2014

4th of July

 We had a GREAT 4th of July. It started off a little questionable, but ended up being ok.  

      The day before Jessica had rented a room at the Provo Marriott with enough beds that we could stay also. We swam, walked around the booths at downtown Provo, and picked up R's race stuff.  R was running the Freedom Run with Jessica, Louisa, Eliza and Josh. That night the kids went to bed a little late around 10:00. By midnight, R was up complaining that her cheek hurt. I didn't know why her cheek would hurt, so I had her suck on a piece of ice. It helped, but she kept getting more and more ice and was not going to bed. We played musical beds a little and I ended up with R in the pull out bed trying to help her sleep. 
       It wasn't working and I finally realized that it was probably a cavity. So at 2am I brought R down to the lobby shop to buy some water and tylenol. The only problem was it came in capsules. We spent the next hour trying to get her to swallow even one of the pills. 8 pills, 2 water bottles, and 1 rice crispy treat later we still had NO luck. I snuck back into the room and grabbed my car keys and R and I ran to the grocery store in our pj's to buy liquid pain medicine. We got back to the hotel room around 3:30am and she FINALLY was able to fall asleep. Bad part was that the alarm went off at 6am for those running the 5K. I barely woke R up and asked her if she still wanted to run. She said she did. CRAZY girl, with only 2 1/2 hours of sleep and a tooth ache she still wanted to run.
    
We got ready and I loaded all the runners in Jessica's car, and dropped them off at the starting line.

This was towards the beginning, running past Grandma Diane who camps out every year for our parade spot!

I met them about half way through, and cheered them on.
 Then I raced back in my car to the finish line. 
It was kind-of hard to get to the starting line because of the road closers for the race. Since I had to go so far out of my way I was able to drive under these beauties. 
 I literally had to run to see R and Jessie run through the finish line.  R held one walkie talkie that she received for her birthday, and I had the other so it made it really easy to find out where they were along the route! She ran a little faster than before but merely seconds. The time in the background isn't accurate! 
 She received a metal which she was pretty happy about. 
Also check out her headband that she made. 
 They all finished!
 Then we raced back to the hotel so the runners could have a quick shower, and we could load R up with more medicine. Then we met up with everyone on the parade route. 
My kids in the SUPER HOT sun!
 I captured this cute picture of our friends baby Whitney!

 Hanging out under the umbrella eating Popsicles trying to stay cool!
 My family!
 Then it was a MANDATORY nap time for R while the others walked around the Provo booths. She finally gave in and took about an hour and a half nap. Then when Jessica and her friend came back we joined them in Orem for the Colonial Days. 

We ate some food, did a little dressing up in period style clothes, and walking around seeing the exhibits.

 Came back to the hotel to cool off in the pool. Then got ready to head to the fireworks. We again joined the Demings on Fox Field by Utah Valley Hospital. 

Check out my cute kid's shirts. YES, THEY made them. 
Thanks pinterest for making them look so dang cute!
 My family!
 Silly little boy fell asleep DURING the fireworks. 
We loaded up the car and headed home for a much needed good night sleep. 
My poor baby girl.  The 4th was on a Friday, then it was the weekend so we ended up calling the dentist Saturday because the tylenol and ibuprofen weren't cutting it any more. She was still in pain. Luckily R's dentist was one of Jared's flight students so we could reach him immediately. He called in some  stronger medicine and an antibiotic.  Then finally on Tuesday, because the office was still closed on Monday for the holiday, we were able to get her in. The poor thing had a HUGE abscess on her lower molar. She also had a little cavity under an old filling. Then to top it off her 6 year old molar is trying to come out and putting more pressure on that tooth.  After "laughing gas", shots to numb her mouth, and a drink to help calm her down, they tried to fix it. They drilled into the tooth to clean out the cavity, and puss came through the tooth. It was infected too, so he decided to just pull it. A nurse held her head, another one held her arms and body, and I held her legs, and the doc pulled that tooth out. It was HUGE!!!! It seriously looked like a wisdom tooth. The roots were still attached. I felt SOOOO bad for her. She screamed and bit on a towel to help with the blood all the way home.  Because of the stuff she drank to calm her down, it made her really sleepy. She feel asleep in the car around 6:30pm, and woke up around 8:30am the next morning. I slept by her making sure she was still breathing. It freaked me out! By the next morning she didn't remember much, and was feeling MUCH better! 

No comments: