Because of weather earlier in the week, Jared had to work the 23rd and 24th until the afternoon. We had planned on running/walking the 'Temple to Temple 5k' as a family. Ever since R started running, P has been very interested and wanted to run a 5k too. Only problem, Jared wasn't going to be here to run with R. So I asked my sister if Kaden would run with R. He agreed and I signed us all up the day before the race! :) Thanks to the Demings who picked up our race stuff and bought doughnuts made the morning start off much better!
My kids in their race shirts and numbers.
This was mine and P's first 5k.
The 5 of us at the starting line!
Funny kid stretching before the run.
We were joined by Mitch, Ev, and Jenny Rose.
Almost to the start.
This was the only picture of R and Kaden.
It was right at the first and its blurry....ERGGG that makes me angry!
P thought it was pretty cool at first, but then lost the excitement pretty fast. Out of the 3 miles, he probably ran 1 and I carried him on my shoulder the other 2. On this particular race, there are missionaries all along the route. I told him that they would only give him a high five if he was running. So we kept an eye out for the missionaries. Then I would pull him off my shoulders about 100 meters before the missionaries. He would run and give them high fives then run a little past them and then would want back on my shoulders. This actually worked really well, because it gave me shoulders a break!
He really was so cute, and it was fun just spending time with him. I'm sure people around us were laughing at our conversations.
Thanks to the walkie talkies again, we found everyone. I have to brag a bit. This is a perfect race to get a P.R.(personal record). Its all either downhill or flat. Needless to say R SMASHED her PR by 4 minutes. She ran it in 38 minutes. YAY!!!!
After getting back to our car, we raced to Spanish Fork to watch the 24th of July parade.
We watched it for a bit, then saw who we were there to see: Kayla and her friends Michelle and Millie holding the sign for the Folkfest.
and my mom driving the jeep for the Folkfest too!
It was a pretty low key rest of the day. Jared made it back in time for fireworks that night in Mapleton with Missy's family and the Demings!
No comments:
Post a Comment