The Friday before the "BIG" day we decided to wake up early and go to the balloon festival.
Last year the balloons weren't able to fly because of wind, but this year we were in luck!
Yes I know, R looks completely homeless.
It was really early, so give me a break! :)
R LOVED trying to go under each balloon during takeoff because they would drop candy.
There were SO many kids she was super happy with the few treats she ended up with!
P was content sitting on the blanket with me, watching them takeoff!
I decided to take P over to a balloon, and show how they fill up the balloon first.
He thought it was pretty cool.
Then the owner of this balloon said "lift him through the ropes for a pic". So he climbed through and was able to stand inside of this hot air balloon! He felt SOOOOO cool!
He now had a favorite one!
This is P with the balloon and his card that he got!
Then we went to the Children's Art Festival. It is ALWAYS super busy.
We tried to be one of the first, but I think that was a lot of other peoples idea!
We started off with the most popular(which wasn't too busy at this point) the sunglasses!
The kids each got a pair of white sunglasses and colored on them with sharpies.
Then a few more crafts.
It was a VERY hot day, but the kids had fun!
Then Saturday. The "BIG" day.
First was the parade...
...which R was a part of again for her cheer leading.
Luckily they put them in at the beginning so the parents could pick them up
and watch the rest of the parade!
R and her best friend Juliet, but the girl in the front totally steals the shot!
I laugh super hard at this picture, because I could hardly get a smile out of R because she was so serious about saying her cheers OVER and OVER again! Yet, this girl in the front is so completely bored!
I went and picked her up, and brought her back to finish watching the parade with everyone! All the kids were always ready for the race to get the candy that was thrown from the floats!
I love these 2!!!!
Then the kids and I (Jared was working) attended my 15 year class reunion!
This is a picture of the classmates that could make it!
This is everyone with spouses and kids!
My little family at the reunion!
It was a great time to see so many people I hadn't seen in years!
Then that night we walked down to the high school to watch the fireworks. We sat on the field that we usually do, but this night the school forgot to turn off their sprinkler! It was pretty exciting. Luckily we were just out of reach, but my dad had to sit next to sprinkler head turning it so it wouldn't spray us! It was a funny way to end the wild and crazy celebrations!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment