Jared had been itching to go camping for awhile. When his schedule allowed it, we decided to run up the canyon for a night of camping. We invited our niece and nephew Sydney and Damion to join us! We set up camp, and headed straight for the shooting range. This was the first time my kids shot Jared's gun. I know, crazy that it took this long for my kids with Jared as their dad. Either way, we were VERY cautious and Jared took each kid by themselves and talked them through what was going to happen and how to be safe.
Jared started with the youngest!
Cute little man!
He was so excited to finally get to shoot "dad's gun"!
Then Sydney's turn.
Then my little lady!
She actually made me laugh.
Jared would explain to all the kids how to aim, and shoot.
R was VERY inquisitive. She took the longest to take the first shot because she had so many questions, but it actually paid off because she hit the target!!!!! Jared was a VERY proud dad!
Then Damion's turn!
The kids that weren't shooting had to stay back by the car. They kept entertained by finding treasures!
These were the "treasures" they found!
Then it was round 2 for those who wanted to.
I LOVE P's face because he actually hit the target!
Then it was Jared's turn to "play"!
I'd like to mention that I did shoot the 22 and was AWESOME!!!!
R and I both out-shot Jared. He was proud, but a little mad!!!
So he pulled out his shot gun and went to town on some old boxes and targets!
It was a great day for shooting!
Then we headed back to camp for dinner.
Hot dogs over the fire!
I LOVE Jolly's Ranch camp ground.
It has a playground just outside the campsites, and it is a prefect place to run the last built up energy out of kids before bed!!!
Then we headed back where Jared had started our dessert. My kids aren't a big fan of s'mores (crazy, I know) so we decided to try a new treat! Homemade cinnamon sugar donuts over the fire.
They actually turned out REALLY tasty!!
We all ate them up pretty quickly!
Then it was bedtime!
I had told Jared that I would go camping if we could have 2 things. First was a bathroom close(we were right across the road), and bring my parent's trailer up so I wouldn't have to sleep on the ground. Being pregnant sleeping on the ground didn't seem like the best idea! So we pulled the trailer up and had a GREAT time!
I only had to go to the bathroom once in the middle of the night, and you bet I made Jared come with me! We woke up and had yummy eggs and sausage for breakfast! It was a great camping trip, and I can't wait to go more once I'm not sporing this huge belly around!
No comments:
Post a Comment