Friday, July 10, 2015

Pre-Art City Days

 R has been super excited about this run again. The problem is, P wanted to run too!!!!
Doesn't sound like a problem until you realized that I was 29 weeks pregnant and I would be his "running" buddy! We decided to sign him up anyway and see how it goes!

The kids bright and early on a rainy morning!



Hiding under a tree because of the rain waiting for the race to start!
The rain actually was pretty light by the time the race started and completely gone by the end!

R ran walked the whole time. She had a cold, so didn't do her best. P on the other hand was a different  story. I almost dragged him the first mile. I knew that I couldn't do that for another 2.1 miles so I because a creative mom. The race course was lined with orange cones on the yellow lines of the road. P would run/walk on the yellow lines. If he fell off to the left he would fall into lava, and if he fell off to the right he'd fall into a lake full of sharks!!! The lame game worked for the next 1.50 miles. 

Whatever I needed to do, we did it and he finished! 
May have taken us 1 hour and 03 minutes, but he did it!!!!! 

R finished about 15 minutes before us!

 Then we joined all the other runners for the prizes. 
The only one who won something was my nephew Kyler,
and he wasn't even paying attention. 
They called his number out and he just sat there. 
I looked over and said "hey, that's your number!!!"
 P was SUPER excited about getting his first running medal!!! 
All runners under 6 get one!!!
 Then later that week R started cheer again.
She loves the 6 day cheer camp. 

 At the performance on the high school football field. 
R and her best friend Juliet were front and center!!!!

 These girls are SO cute together! 
They are such good friends!
 Then we ran to the carnival with 1/2 of Springville. 
The lines were CRAZY, but my kids had fun on the rides. 
First ride was the dragon roller coaster!
 They both LOVED it!
 Then R took one for the team and rode some of the rides P wanted!
 It's kind of a hard watching your kids grow up in different ways. I had a huge eye opening when they wanted to ride a "big kid" ride. Both were tall enough and were excited. When we got close to the front of the line we realized that they could both ride, but needed an adult with them. I was not allowed to ride with them and didn't know what to do. My friend was behind me with her kids and her mom. She offered to ride with my kids and her mom would ride with her kids. They were so lucky, and LOVED every minute of it!
 Then we again hit a little kid ride that P wanted to do!

 They are such good friends
 even when they fight! :)
 Then we had to end the night off with scones!
Its tradition!
We love all the festivities that come with Art City Days, and these were just the beginning!

No comments: