Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Australian Pride

My baby and I have been watching the Commonwealth Games. For all the Americans its a big event, like the Olympics but only for the countries who are part of the Commonwealth(intergovernmental org. of 54 independent states. All but 3 were formally part of the British Empire). Its almost over and Australia has kicked some major butt in the competitions. While watching the flag ceremonies R asked what the song was they were playing. I explained it was the National Anthem of Australia. So we taught her the first line, and she is VERY proud that she knows it. Her dad is even more proud, especially because he tried to teach her the first line of the American National Anthem, and she wanted nothing to do with it! So here it is:

3 comments:

Louisa said...

SOOOOOO cute! I'm proud of her because I could actually understand what she was saying! haha.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Hey! The video actually worked this time! So cute :) I guess the videos you upload won't play on our home computer for some reason (probably the web blocker we have on it) but I'm on Dar's laptop right now. Just FYI, I finally deleted my facebook account this morning, so now you'll have to for sure keep me updated through your blog & skype :)

Lora said...

oh man that is one cute kid!