Saturday, October 16, 2010

No Where Ride

As most of you know, we have a car! Jared didn't have to start work until late, so we took advantage of the nice weather, the car, and took a no where ride. We live really close to the beach, but our beach doesn't get the big waves because we are next to a bay. So we drove around the bay to the other side to the beaches with actual waves. Jared had an idea where he wanted to go, but we had no map. We found this beach first. I even thought I saw a beached whale, then I realized it was just me!! I HATE pictures of me and my HUGE belly, but I decided I needed one to look back on. R took this one of course, and so I think the angle makes it look bigger. Ok, who I am kidding? Its just HUGE at any angle!!!

Love this pic of R.
You would think I would learn if we are going to a beach, rain or shine I need to put my kid in her swimmers. She gets soaked EVERY time we go, but she has a blast!!
This is what we did for the majority of the time. Jumping off this sand wall into the water. R LOVED this. She could have done it all day! I took so many of these jumping pictures and thought they turned out so dang cute!
Look at that face!! Pure joy!
There was also a lot of running around in the water. You can tell a little better in this picture how soaked she got.
No need for a comment! US!
I love this little lady! Look how well I can hide my belly! :)
We followed the shore around and drove passed 2 other big beaches. One VERY popular one, Bondi Beach. We didn't stop, but we are pretty excited to have them pretty close to us! On our way home we saw a sign for the suburb Jared's school is in. Jared had never actually been to his school where he is doing his Masters degree, because its all on-line. We thought why not. So we went and walked ALL over his campus. We snapped some photos!
And of course R had to have her picture taken as well!
We even bought Jared a hoodie with UNSW (University of New South Wales) on it! He feels a lot more official now, and proud of his school.
Jared also wanted to brag to our friend Darwin, because he now has actually been to his school where he is doing his Masters degree before he graduated!!! :) Guys and their competitions!!
If you can't tell we are having a lot of fun being able to drive places!!! I just hope that the car can make it to places outside of Sydney. We will see!
Oh we made it back without a map. I was very proud of ourselves. We kind-of have one advantage. We live REALLY close to the airport. You could be in the middle of no where in Sydney and there will be a sign pointing you to the airport. So if we ever get lost we just have to follow one of the MANY signs pointing to the airport, then we can get home from there. VERY COOL!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

How fun! Man, I need to get to the beach. That is so funny to me that Jared hadn't been to the school he's getting his degree from. What a weird world we live in! And by the way, you look great!! I think ladies with pregnant bellies are totally cute. :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys have found more freedom again! The beach looks like it was a blast!! And, Darwin says to Jared: I may not have been to my school yet, but at least I have my masters degree! ;o)

We love you guys!!

P.S. Trace, just think...only a few more weeks and you won't have your prego belly anymore! You'll get to hold your sweet little boy in your arms and give him tons of kisses. Yay! :O)

Lora said...

oh the dream to say "we live close to a beach" what an awesome thing! I'm so glad you get to do a bit more exploring with your new ride!

You are darling pregnant-I love the photo!

you are such a cute family!

Johnson Family said...

So much fun. You guys look great. The belly looks good too. :) Seeing all these pics, I want to go to the beach. Maybe next year.

Thanks for updating us.