Friday, October 8, 2010

A Huge Blessing

This post is for the people NOT on Facebook. I already told the story there, but I posted pictures on this.

Since moving here we haven't had the money to buy a car(still don't). But moving to Kogarah where we live now, we live about a 1/2 mile from a great park, shopping center,hospital and train station. So we have been walking everywhere, which was fine. Getting to church is another story. Our church isn't just down the road like it is in Utah. By car it takes about 20 minutes. So it took us about an hour because we would walk to the train station, take the train, then walk to the church. Jared's calling in church has meetings every Wednesday nights, so he would either have to be picked up by someone, or train it!

Jared has been riding his bike(yes a pedal bike) to work every day. Rain, wind, or shine Jared was out there on his bike. It actually always scared me, because the roads are smaller here, and the drivers are a lot crazier! Its a law to wear a helmet which is good, but I also made him have lights on his bike, since most of his shifts ended after the sun went down.

All and all we were managing. There were still MANY days that I just thought to myself "I just wish someone could just give us a car, but the world doesn't work that way!" People in this ward have generously lent us their cars while they were on vacation, but we would have to give it back when they got home. So I'm done venting, and on with the HUGE BLESSING!

So last Sunday a man in our ward said he had a car that we could have, but it just needed to be fixed. He said he was going to take it into a shop to see how much it would cost to be fixed. So that Monday he called us and said "its not worth fixing, sorry!" What a bummer. Well then on Sunday he said that he got it fixed and its ours if we want it. What?!?! Really???? So Monday we went over to their house and he said "take it for a drive and see what you think!" So we took it for a short drive, and it was great! We came back and he signed over the paperwork. Jared said "what can we pay you for it?" and he replied "nothing"! Jared even tried to pay for the work that got done, and they wouldn't let us!! This is our FREE car!!


The trunk is HUGE too, which will be nice with a stroller for the baby. How amazing!!! I feel really blessed, and I know that Heavenly Father hears my prayers. Walking was fine unless you are 8 months pregnant and HUGE!! I have spent many nights in prayer asking for a solution, but I never imagined it would come in this big of a way!!!
It still doesn't seem real. It seems like it is just some one's car who is on vacation and we will have to give it back in a few weeks! But its ours!!! Again I feel SO blessed!

7 comments:

Lora said...

Oh man! This is the best story EVER!! It's a darling car, and no one deserves it more than you! What a huge blessing!!

Rebecca and Nick said...

That is a HUGE blessing, especially with a baby on the way!! I am so happy for you. It's little things like that, that actually are big deals and make a world of a difference in our lives, huh. I try not to ever take advantage of what I have. Thanks for the reminder!

Christy said...

WOW- this is so amazing!! what a neat guy to just hand you a car. generous people are my heroes, that is for sure. i'm so happy for you guys. (and the car looks pretty nice!)

Tiffany said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys! I don't know how you made it for so long without one. Don't things like this just restore your faith in humanity? Now we should meet up somewhere in the middle and hang out for a weekend (once baby comes of course).

Jennie-O said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Your prayers were answered in a big way! That guy is so generous, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving family. :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

Wow. It is a really nice car. I totally agree! Thanks for posting pics for those of us who don't use facebook :) And I'm still planning to delete my facebook account eventually. It just hasn't happened yet :/

Missy and Dan said...

Uh ya that is alot better car than you got for free here!! Thats such a piece of mind to know if you have to rush to the hospital, no walking!!!Congrats!