Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Conference Weekend

The joys of living a day ahead of Utah is that Conference Weekend happens a week later. We were able to have it this last weekend. What a joy is it to be able to hear our church leaders speak to us. I can't believe that it happens every 6 months, and its already come and gone again. The crazy part is that I was STILL pregnant last time! Why does pregnancy have to take SO dang long??

Things I missed not being in Utah for Conference Weekend:

1. Not being able to watch it from your own house(this is HUGE)

2.Not being able to get tickets to actually attend

3. Not being able to go to the McSweeney's house in between Sunday sessions for Conference Potatoes

4. Not being able to attend Ladies Night at Deseret Book :)

We come to the conclusion that R would only be able to handle one session (2hours), so we decided to attend the Sunday morning session. R did pretty good. We brought her usual church books, and brought some snacks. We decided to start watching the other sessions online, but R made us laugh really hard when she brought her baby's bed out and turned it on its side, and used a play mushroom as a microphone and stood next to the computer.

Funny girl wanting to be a speaker in conference!! All and all we are excited to either get to watch the rest, or just read the rest. The talks we were able to hear were really good. Jared and I really got a kick out of Pres. Uchtdorf's talk "Of Things That Matter Most".

How grateful I am to have a living Prophet who can speak to us and share things that can make our lives so much better! The blessings I have received from being a member of this church has made my life so happy. The more I learn about the gospel, the more grateful I am to be a member. I can't wait until the Ensign comes out with all the talks printed in them, so I can read all the talks without interruptions from a 3 year old! :) And most importantly I am grateful that next time conference comes around I will NOT be pregnant!!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

ha ha R cracks me up! That is one smart little girl! It's very true all the things we take for granted living here in the church capitol- but how amazing it is that even though you are on the other side of the world you don't have to miss it!

ps-I'm not sure what ladies night at deseret book is =) but sorry you missed it!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

I'm glad you were able to go watch 1 session! Conference was soo good, as always. Yeah, R is hilarious. Silly, smart girl! Can't wait to see the rest of her Halloween costume and your cute little munchkin!! Wish we could be there!

Darwin + Kiara said...

P.S. When you come back to Utah I'll teach you how to can. It's actually pretty fun & very fulfilling!