Friday, July 13, 2012

4th of July Fun

It was nice to enjoy this holiday without being sick. We had been REALLY sick for Art City Days and made an appearance to most everything, but hence the lack of a post. I was dealing with sick people, including myself, all day!

So we made the most out of this holiday sick-free!! The day before the 4th, we ventured to downtown Provo to look at the craft booths.  All R wanted was to get her face painted. This was what we ended up with! The lady was REALLY good.  The paint dried enough to leave on all night, and R was able to have it for the 4th!
 Thanks Pinterest! I found this cute festive hair, and even without a tutorial I made it work!
 At the parade, trying to get a cousin picture. I have to laugh at this one because we were trying to make them look into the sun!
 There we go, turned around and with a flash! Not the best of them looking at me, but I am hoping one of the other moms got a better shot! P had NO desire to be there! :)
 I can't believe this is the only shot of the the 2 of them all dressed up!
 The sun went behind a cloud. GREAT shot of the "older" cousins with Grandma!
 Typical picture! LOVE!!!
 I sat under a tree in the shade with the Demings. This is how Kiara and I were for a lot of the parade!
 The kid would NOT wave to anything, until the Little Miss (young girl pageant winners) came by. Then he waved and smiled.
 What a handsome devil!!!
R stayed out in the sun(don't worry, she wore a sun hat most of the parade), with her cousins.
 P is like his dad, and got bored of the parade. He entertained himself by spinning the wheels on Rori's stroller!
 LOVE this picture!
 We had a BBQ at the McSweeney's house, and I made these festive cookies!
Thanks again Pinterest!!
 Then we headed to Temple Hill with Jimmy, Becca,and her family! Thanks again for saving us a spot! Rebecca, Mia, Hallie, Laura, Sydney and Damion. Glow sticks were winners! 
This is R
 Mia
  Hallie
 and Sydney and Damion
 all the kids(minus P)
 I tried to get some cool shots of the fireworks, but you have to have a steady hand. P was climbing ALL over me! Not very many good pics this year!!!
I love the 4th of July. I love being surrounded by family and friends all day!

4 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Great hair, great face, great cookies !!! Thanks Pinterest !!! Trust P to wait till the pretty ladies are going by to wave !!! Just like his dad !! Looks like you all had a great day. I can't wait to be there.

Louisa said...

Those cookies were so good!

Christy said...

i am impressed with R's hair! i just love the 4th of july. one of the best holidays! (tom says i say that about every holiday...) i'm glad we got to see you guys!

Lora said...

Best holiday! Way to go on R's hair it's so cute! Looks like you had a wonderful day!