Monday, July 16, 2012

Stewart Falls

 My little family decided to take advantage of the nice afternoon and head to the mountains. Stewart Falls is about a 4 mile round trip hike. My little girl did it all by herself, and loved it!  We started this hike a littler in the afternoon, and it was BRILLIANT. I had loaded the sunscreen on, and pulled the sunhats out only to find out that almost all of the trail was in the shade. Not too hot, and not to cold!

Like father like daughter
 P started out walking by himself, but we quickly put him in the hiking backpack 
because he would stop and stare at EVERY bug, leaf, and rock.
 Look how cute they are!!!
 We played hide and seek along the way. This was R's first attempt to "hide", and I was laughing so hard. Jared later showed her that most of the plants were ferns, and you could easily hide in them! 
 At the falls.
 Our little family! (and a few random people)
 Posing, but in reality showing off her sore knee!
 I have to say that I LOVE this picture. R took it, and it looks GREAT!!!
 Playing around with my zoom. This is the base of the upper falls, and the begging of the lower falls!
 No matter what we are doing, R tends to ALWAYS get dirty! 
And yes she is sporting fruit snacks in her cheeks!
 He DOES love me!
 P was in heaven. His most favorite thing in the world to do is throw rocks into water! We put him in a safe place where he wouldn't hit anyone and let him go!
This hike is such a great hike. Its "long" but pretty flat, which makes it easy for kids! 
I love how well my kids do, and I can't wait until our next family hike!

Just a note, my little girl has an imagination like non else. Things she found along the hike:
a squirrel out of a log
a baby zebra then later a mommy zebra out of rocks
the letter "e" out of a leaf
mt. goat out of a rock
sailboat from a rock
the number "7" from a rock
 and there were a lot more, but I can't remember. The kid doesn't stop talking! :)

No comments: