Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Almost 3 Years to the Day

 Remember these pictures of R?
 It happened on June 11th 2009

 So what happens on June 3rd 2012?  Almost 3 years to the day? You guessed it. A broken arm AGAIN! It is hard to tell in this picture, but just below her shoulder on her humerus you can see a little line. Another buckle fracture, just a different place. 
 We had just got back to our hotel in Phoenix after saying goodbye to the Dulls, and R was turning on the lamps in the room. While doing so, she fell off the bed in between the 2 beds and hit her arm on a piece of plywood sticking out from under the mattress of one bed. She fell to the ground screaming "I BROKE MY BONE!". Yeah right. She was REALLY tired and REALLY emotional. So we gave her some medication and she fell asleep pretty quick. I then pushed and pulled on her little arm to see if it would wake her up. Nothing, so I figured she was fine. 

The next morning we took our rental car back to the rental place at the airport and was sitting on the shuttle to the airport. R went to lift herself into the seat and her arm collapsed and she started screaming. Uh Oh, she maybe did do something to her arm. 

We got on the plane to Denver. Had a layover there, then got on a flight to SLC. Then found our luggage, and rode the shuttle to our car. We drove home, and I dropped the boys off at home and FINALLY took R to the Dr.  

The Dr. didn't think she broke it, because she could use it, but after an X-Ray, the child was right. She had broke her bone.

They don't cast the arm because it would have to go onto her chest. A sling, a wrap, and gravity does the trick!

 I almost wished they could have casted it because she would use it like it wasn't broke, then fall on it and SCREAM. We would hear the ear piercing scream at least twice a day for the first few weeks. She had to wear it as long as a cast. :(  Luckily this time she could get wet, and play in the water.
 What makes the story even better is that her cousin Damion broke his wrist about a week earlier. 
The 2 injured kids! :)

 So the beginning of June 2015 the kid will be wrapped in bubble wrap!!!!

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

OMG we will be there in June 2015 !! She better not break any bones while we're there !!! The doctor said the same thing to my mum when I broke my wrist. It's not broken cause she can bend it. Next thing I know I'm in a plaster cast for 6 weeks !! Get better soon chicken xxx