This year I decided to put the camera down on Christmas Eve(don't be too shocked), since we do the same thing every year. It consists of lighting our Christmas candles, singing Christmas songs, telling the Nativity story(this year with a felt board which worked out GREAT), and opening the one special present from Grandma Trease and Bob. Which are always new jammies!
On with Christmas morning. My kids are by all means not early risers. Even on Christmas morning...... except this year. I hear "mom.............mom.....MOM". Yes, my dear little lady was waking me up at 2:45am. "Its Christmas" she said. I which replied "R, it is SOOOOO early Santa probably hasn't even come yet, so go back to bed!!!!!"
To my surprise she obeyed and went back to sleep and woke up like her usual self around 7:30am.
To my surprise she obeyed and went back to sleep and woke up like her usual self around 7:30am.
We were lucky to have my Mom, Dad, and my sister Mindy with us Christmas morning.
It made it so much more enjoyable.
Stockings first-
Check out our cool version of a fireplace. Its a DVD we got last year, and enjoyed this year. You can have it set to play Christmas music or to just crackle and pop like a normal fireplace. Its pretty cool!
Thanks Demings!
Trying to reach everything :)
Onto Santa Sacks-
Each kid has their own Santa Sack where Santa leaves their presents!
And the unwrapping begins!
A Merida doll!
P needed a little help getting started!
Very pleased with his "peas". A little version of R's.
In the bottom of P's Santa Sack were 25 Chevron cars(unwrapped). As soon as he saw the first one, he was finished unwrapping presents. So R helped him out while he checked out ALL of his new cars!
Checking out her things
Then we opened presents.
This was R's "BIG" one from the Buhlers(who I work for).
Ever since P got a little couch for his birthday, R has been wanting one. She feels even more lucky because it has a little blanket that can zip on and off. (check out the TV again, lol)
Just a few of the cars
Testing out their foam swords they each got in their Santa Sack.
Jared is a big fan!
I wanted a picture of both kids on their couches,
but P refused unless ALL of his cars were with him.
You can kind-of see the white storage bins. They look like steps and are in the top/middle of this picture. That is what P got for Christmas from the Buhlers a little early. I had found them on KSL for a great deal. I also had a "feeling" that P would be getting a lot of cars for Christmas that would need a home. All I can say is I LOVE these storage bins. They are originally from IKEA!!!
After a VERY yummy breakfast we headed to Santaquin for presents and Christmas lunch with the McSweeneys.
I think this is such a cute picture of R and her cousin Mia.
Jared and Sarah were in charge of dispersing ALL the gifts!
Just some of the fam
R's gift from her cousin Lila
P's gift from his cousin Sydney
Jared's Aunty Jenny (left) and her sister Steph (right-who is pretty much like an Aunt)
visited from Australia for a white Christmas.
Diane was pretty excited about new snow boots
Jared's cousin Alex (also from Australia), who is living with the McSweeneys came out pretty good!
Jared was pretty jealous of Angelica's gift.
Check out ALL that meat!
Micah was pretty excited about his new
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle underwear!
Thanks Sarah for this good laugh!
R loved her Doodle Bear
At lunch:
Don't you love our crowns from our Christmas Crackers?
Yes. The whole family is wearing them! :)
A view from the other table!
Jared was being silly, and I totally caught it on my camera-just had to add!
This was what I was planning on! Nice photo bomb, Laura!
Jared, Aunty Jenny, Aunty Steph, and me. This was the last time we saw them!
I have always loved Christmas, but the things that make me love it changes the older I get.
Its not about the presents anymore, and I love that!
1 comment:
So fun. I swear Jared's family keeps getting bigger and bigger. Glad you guys had such a great Christmas too!
Post a Comment