Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grandma Bolen

On November 29th, at 9:30 am my beautiful Grandma Bolen passed away with my Dad at her side. She had been living at an assisted living home. It is less than a mile from our house. Every holiday, birthday and family gathering we would go pick her up and she would join us. I didn't take advantage of her living so close, but felt lucky the times I did go visit her.

 Some of the Great-Grand-Daughters at the funeral.
 It was SOOOOOOOOO cold at the cemetery. It was still beautiful. 
 The one thing that made me happy when I heard of her passing, was that she was back with my Grandpa.  He passed away about 6 years ago, and she missed him terribly, everyday! The thought of them like this picture below brings a smile to my face.

I am going to miss her, but I am grateful to know that we will be together again one day!  
I love you Grandma Bolen!

1 comment:

Lora said...

so sorry to hear about your grandma! That last photo is so great. I think every couple should have one taken like that :)