Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Teddy Bear Picnic

Springville celebrates "Art City Days". They have many different activities for all ages throughout the week. The Teddy Bear Picnic was one I had never done before, but decided to have R go. I invited her cousins to go with her. They had so much fun.

They started off inside to watch a little play(I don't know how else to explain it). It was no "Playschool", but it was a good effort. Here are the 5 kids watching the show.
Then afterwards we went outside for crafts and snacks. Damion, R, Sydney, Mia and Hallie eating their magic carpets(gram cracker with frosting and 2 gummy bears on top).
Then we got a picture with the girls, and Miss Springville and her attendants.
All the kids were suppose to bring their favorite teddy(hence the name "teddy bear picnic". This was a hard thing at my house as most of you know.
But surprise, surprise Big ted was the one who got to come!
They made these cute hippo hats
Had some games that I thought were lame, but the kids enjoyed
Some little slides
And hula hooping. I love their faces

Mia and Hallie could actually do it somewhat. R just looks like she can. LOL!!!! Good try R!!!
I have said it before, and I will keep saying it. I LOVE the summer and all the activities there are to do. I LOVE having cousins around for R to do all these things with. I LOVE living so close to all our families and friends!

1 comment:

Jennie-O said...

cute! So glad you're back and enjoying it. R looks so happy to be with her cousins :)