Thursday, June 30, 2011

Art City Day Part 2

I Love Art City Days! One thing I really wanted to take R to was the balloon festival. Waking up at 6am for balloons may sound crazy only if you haven't ever been. Something about hot air balloons are SO beautiful to me! I had taken R when she was littler, but she didn't remember.

This is her when they started inflating the balloons! It was pretty cold, hence the winter beanie(Thanks Uncle Jim)


Beautiful!
All of us awake, and enjoying ourselves!
They make for such beautiful pictures!

We convinced Darwin and Kiara to come with us. Kiara didn't really want to, but then we told her there would be free doughnuts and hot chocolate. So this is her in the line! :)
Yummy!
Hot chocolate hit the spot!
I have a pretty cool zoom! I liked this picture.
Even baby Aurora had a good time (for the parts that she was awake for!)
Then at 10am was the parade. Again, R had been to a parade before, but it was like it was all new and exciting for her! She didn't like the fire trucks that came by a the beginning.
At this parade they throw candy, R thought that was the coolest thing EVER!!!! She even spotted a candy on the other side of the road, and asked if she could go get it! I had to give her boundaries or else she would have! :)
R having fun dancing to the marching band with her friend Summer
R's cousins Kayla and Kaden were in the parade (thanks to my mom)
The group. Yes, even my Grandma made it out to the parade!
Not that flattering of a picture, but look how good P is at sitting by himself!
My happy boy!
Waving to princess.
Some people threw out little balls instead of candy. My Grandma actually can catch and throw the ball!
That night was fireworks. This is my nephew Kyler spinning his glow sticks on his arm
R tried, but no luck. So this is as good as it got.
FIREWORKS

Art City Days.....check, bring on the 4th of July celebrations!

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

T your camera rocks !! I love those firework pics !! I to agree that the balloons are worth the early start. We have a weekend in Canberra where they have the balloons each morning. They are really something to see. And the free food is a bonus !! P looks so grown up siting by himself and can't wait for R's birthday pics. xxx