On our way home some of us decided to take a little detour
and stop by Upper Mesa Falls.
It did NOT disappoint! It was stunning, and HUGE!!!
These picture don't do it justice!
If you closely you can see a person on the lookout point
that the pictures above were taken from.
It shows how big the falls really are!
At the visitor's center they had a telescope that was positioned
across the falls at an Osprey's nest with babies.
We ended up driving all the way home without stopping at Rexburg.
It was a LONG drive, but the kids did great!
It has been such a long time since I had been to Yellowstone, so I was so excited to visit it again.
Lessons I learned on this trip:1-Yellowstone is not super kid friendly. Everything is so spread out they get really bored!
2- Take your time. If you have more time, do sections at a time. Its HUGE!
3- DVD player in the van is a lifesaver for the long drives.
4- Don't expect to see a lot of animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment