Friday, July 15, 2016

Yellowstone Day 2

 We loaded all our stuff and headed to West Yellowstone.
We just laid low Thursday and waited for everyone to arrive.
I was a little disappointed with the backyard of the cabin(I'm being sarcastic)! 
It was gorgeous!!!!
 Friday morning we all jumped into cars.
We had the Pratts in our van with us.
First animal worth stopping for was a golden eagle.
 Quinn was asleep in the van,
but it was too pretty not to take a picture!
Auntie Sarah, Hallie and Reagan
 She then woke up at the first hot pots we visited





 We found this super cool tree and all the cousins jumped in.
Brighton was done!
All the family(plus 2)
The funny part of this picture is that we had such a big group the 2 people on the right side of the picture are NOT part of our group. They thought there was a huge group stopping to look at something cool, so they were trying to see what everyone was looking at. In reality they were just posing for a picture!!! :)

We then drove to Old Faithful. 
We ate lunch at the visitor's center.





Then we walked to the back to wait for Old Faithful!


I was SHOCKED at how many people were there waiting for Old Faithful to erupt!

While we waited I had all the girls show me their hair.
I did them all the same, and they loved matching!
 Me and the girl!

Finally it started.
It was huge. I was impressed!
 Sydney tried to put Laura on this bus!
 On the way home Louisa and I saw steam coming off of a hot spring and it was very colorful. There were TONS of cars waiting for parking spots so we figured it had to be cool! Only problem was our kids were either asleep, or had no interest getting out again. We convinced Micah to sit in the drivers seat and slowly make his way down to the parking lot then make loops while we literally ran up to see them. 
They did NOT disappoint. They were gorgeous!!!! We ran the entire thing, but stopped for a few pictures! 
This was the main one that the steam was different colors. 
My camera doesn't do this place justice. It was stunning!

It was a long/busy day for little Miss Quinn
Back at the cabin these two cuties played with their babies!
Addie is on the left and Quinn is on the right!
Then Sarah and Angelica(who was able to make it from the Navy) took a few into town for some souvenirs. 


We didn't see many animals, but people had said that dawn and dusk are the best times. So Sarah, Angelica, and my little family took off back into the park to try to find more animals. We were gone for a few hours, but only found some buffalo really close up. Other than that, nothing new. I didn't even take pictures worth posting :)

It was such a cool day. I underestimated how big Yellowstone National Park really is. The area is SO massive. It takes so long to get anywhere worth seeing because its so spread out! 



No comments: